By going online and requesting an instant quote, you can get same-day car insurance from nearly any major auto insurance company in a matter of minutes.
Your new car must be insured before you drive it off the lot. The good news is that you can now obtain car insurance if you require it immediately. Almost every major auto insurance company offers a way for you to get same-day insurance today. Smaller regional providers may also be able to provide same-day insurance.
It’s not difficult; all you have to do is provide some basic information.
How to Obtain Same-Day Car Insurance?
Nothing special is required to obtain same-day car insurance. You can speak with an insurance agent in person or by phone. However, the most convenient method is to sign up for a policy online. Most major providers provide tools to help you quickly and easily obtain an online quote.
What You Need to Know About Getting Car Insurance Online?
Your insurance rates are determined by a variety of factors about you and your vehicle. Before applying for car insurance, you should have the following information ready:
- Vehicle ownership details
- Year, make, model, and mileage of the vehicle
- Identification number for a vehicle (VIN)
- Address the location of your garage or parking lot.
- Name, birthdate, and driver’s licence number for each insured driver
- Your current insurance policy’s coverage limits and expiration date
- Any traffic tickets or accidents in your driving history
- You should also have an electronic payment method on hand in case you need to make a deposit or an initial payment to begin coverage. This is usually done with your banking information or debit card.
How to Buy Car Insurance Quickly?
Whether you go online or call a local agent, you can find car insurance for immediate purchase. In either case, you’ll need the same information as described above. Using an insurance broker will take a little longer because the broker will take your information and compare quotes from various companies. However, if you are prepared, you should be able to obtain auto insurance coverage on the same day.
Car Insurance Quotes in Seconds
The quickest way to obtain quick car insurance is to use an online instant car insurance quote form. On provider websites, you can find instant quote forms, or you can use comparison quote forms.
Same-day Auto Insurance Protection
Your same-day auto insurance coverage options are the same as your standard coverage options. In other words, you can obtain liability insurance for bodily injury and property damage, as well as collision and comprehensive coverage, almost immediately.
When you need to buy car insurance right now, you have the following options:
- Bodily injury liability coverage: This pays for other people’s medical bills and lost wages if you are found to be at fault in an accident.
- Property damage liability coverage pays for damage to other people’s vehicles and personal property caused by you in an accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): PIP covers your medical expenses and lost wages regardless of who is found to be at fault.
- Medical payments (MedPay) are similar to PIP, but they do not cover lost wages.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection (UM/UIM): If the at-fault driver does not have enough insurance, UM coverage will cover your medical bills and property damage.
- Collision insurance covers damage to your vehicle regardless of who is at fault in an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance covers damages to your vehicle that are not the result of an accident, such as those caused by fire, flooding, or vandalism.
What to Look for in Same-Day Car Insurance Quotes?
Obtaining same-day car insurance is now easier than ever. While you will have access to the same rates and policies as if you purchased coverage ahead of time, there are some drawbacks to purchasing immediate car insurance.
1. Instant auto insurance quotes may exclude discounts.
If you need car insurance right away, you may miss out on a few discounts. Allstate, for example, offers an Early Signing Discount if you purchase an auto insurance policy at least one week before you need it. This policy discount would not be included in an Allstate same-day plan. The same is true for other service providers.
2. A quick car insurance quote may not be the cheapest option.
You don’t have as much time to compare car insurance options when you need insurance right away. As a result, you may miss out on finding the provider with the best rates for you. If you only get one quote, it may or may not be the cheapest insurance.
Using an online quote tool can help you save time when comparing quotes.
3. Not Everyone Is Able to Purchase Auto Insurance Online.
In some cases, you may not be able to obtain same-day insurance. Most car insurance companies, for example, will request your Social Security number in order to verify information in your application and calculate a risk score based on your credit history. If you do not have a Social Security number or are unable to provide one at the time of application, the insurance company will require more time to process your application or may deny coverage.
4. Address Verification Is Required When Purchasing Insurance Online.
Your home address is one piece of information that must be verified. Insurers can use your credit history to validate this. If you have recently moved, the insurance company may not be able to verify your address as quickly, which may result in approval delays. Or, if you live in one place but your permanent address is in another, that can also slow things down.
5. Complete Information is Required by Online Car Insurance Companies.
Based on your driver’s licence number, auto insurers will obtain your complete driving record. When reporting car accidents, tickets, and other traffic violations, it is critical to be completely truthful. If you leave anything out, the company will notice, and it will have to spend more time reviewing your application.
Be aware that a company may sell you car insurance and then cancel your policy within the first 30 to 90 days for providing incomplete or incorrect information, a practise known as material misrepresentation. Cancellations due to material misrepresentation or nonpayment are recorded on your record, making it more difficult to obtain same-day auto insurance in the future.
6. Unique vehicles may not be eligible for instant car insurance.
Finally, if you’re purchasing a high-priced vehicle, an underwriting officer may need to review your insurance application because some quote tools cannot accurately assess rare or exotic cars and specialty vehicles. In this case, you would not be able to obtain same-day insurance coverage.